We want to do democracy differently. We want to transform our broken political system by replacing the House of Lords with a House of Citizens.
We believe that putting everyday people in the house of review in parliament will:
- ensure that the informed, considered voice of the people is heard in the legislative process;
- make our elected politicians more accountable;
- increase the trust people have in legislative decisions;
- keep the house of review independent of political parties, factions and political infighting;
- provide a counterweight to the powerful vested interests that often distort political decision-making.
We urge all political parties to support replacing the House of Lords with a House of Citizens and to introduce legislation to implement such a change immediately.
To find out more about this proposal see FAQ.